REGARDING PROGRESS AND PERFORMAMCE OF COLLEGE
J. D. Patil Sangludkar Mahavidyalaya Daryapur is run by Shri Shivaji Education Society, Amravati which was founded by great visionary and the first Union Agriculture Minister Dr. Panjabrao alias Bhausaheb Deshmukh. The college was founded by a great social worker and Ex MLA late Bhabasaheb Sangludkar in 1961 with the pious intention of providing high quality education to the residents of Daryapur and its adjoining villages with special emphasis on the economically poor sections of the society. It was affiliated to Nagpur University up to the year 1983 and thereafter affiliated to Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati.
The college is permanently affiliated to Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati and is approved under section 2 (f) and 12 (b) of the UGC Act, 1956. The college was accredited with C Grade (CGPA 55.25) in 2004 and reaccredited with B Grade (CGPA 2.25) in 2014 by NAAC.. There are four ICT enabled classrooms available in the college. In its journey of 61 years, the college has made tremendous progress in various academic spheres. The college is catering education through 13 UG, 3 PG with 6 PhD Research centres. So far the college has successfully conducted 3 Career Oriented Programmes and 3 Certificate Courses. The institution instils in students and staff a thirst for new frontiers of knowledge through research and varied community oriented extension activities. Well-equipped research laboratories, good infrastructure, well-equipped library, and well maintained gardens are the assets of the college.
Shri Shivaji Education Society Amravati’s J. D. Patil Sangludkar Mahavidyalaya, Daryapur was established on 16th June, 1961. Ever since, the college has remained consistent in its commitment to provide quality education in Daryapur region. The college is recognized under 2 (f) and 12 (B) by UGC Act. The college was accredited with C Grade (CGPA 55.25) in 2004 and reaccredited with B Grade (CGPA 2.25) in 2014 by NAAC.
TEffective curriculum delivery through a well-planned documented process and student centric approach is aligned with the vision and mission of the institution. Structured feedbacks on curriculum are collected, analysed and actions are initiated to implement changes in curriculum. The teaching staff is qualified, competent, techno savvy and highly dedicated in making teaching-learning process effective and efficient. The institution carried out sincere endeavours for promoting gender equity and sensitization. Improved and well-maintained infrastructure and eco-friendly campus make learning refreshing and pleasant.
• The college celebrated its golden jubilee in 2011-12.
• The college got second prize of Rs. 50,000/- by Govt. of Maharashtra for successful execution of the campaign ‘Jagar Janiwancha’ to create social awareness in local community.
• The college started Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University Nashik Study Centre in 2012-13.
• The college was awarded ‘Paryawaran Puraskar’ in 2010-11 for its contribution to environmental awareness.
• Indian Science Congress Association, Kolkata sponsored 3rd Conference of Asian Society of Arachnology was jointly organized from 16th to 19th November, 2015 by Indian Society of Arachnology, Amravati and J. D. Patil Sangludkar Mahavidyalaya, Daryapur.
• Catering education through 13 UG, 3 PG with 6 PhD Research centres.
• International MoU with Jovan Hadzi Institute of Biology, Scientific Research Centre, Slovenia.
• Fully automated Library with D-Space Institutional Repository.
• International linkage to the Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations (NDLTD) Virginia Tech USA.
Over the six decades of its establishment, the college has been functioning with the objective of providing education to all with special emphasis on the economically poor sections of the society. The college maintains cordial relationship with all its stakeholders to accredit its vision and mission of endowing knowledge and developing personality of the students from farmers’ families and backward classes. The college incessantly strives to furnish quality education to the students with ethical values to develop them into holistic individuals and responsible citizens of our country.
The institution endeavours to ensure the implementation of its vision, mission and objectives. The institution intends to start job oriented and skill oriented courses for the students. The strategic move and sincere efforts of the college helped to achieve excellence in higher education in Daryapur region.
Dr. Atul K. Bodkhe